Monday, October 9, 2017

FRIENDSHIP. Maria M. (4ESO)

“Whatever you do in this life, it's not legendary, unless your friends are there to see it.”

I haven’t looked for a quote on Google or Tumblr, not even in Pinterest. Once you said we needed a title (which had to be a quote) for our wonderful composition about friendship, this sentence came to my mind. I know I could have looked for one that probably would be more common or more likely to an “Instagram quote”, the typical sentence you read above a photo of two friends, but I had to find one with a special meaning. That’s it. Without your friends, there’s no way something becomes legendary! When you share these moments with them, the things are legendary.

My quote is from the TV series “How I met your mother”.  I think you know what this series is about, but in case you don’t, it’s about Ted explaining all the story of how did he meet the mother of his children. The point is that he is really explaining that special relation he had with his friends, which I give you my word, is a true friendship. The quote I have chosen is said by Barney on the 9th season, in an episode called “Sunrise”.

Now let’s talk about the friendship. I don’t feel like there’s a “friends-code”. I mean, there are no “written” rules for choosing friends, or at least that is not my case. I don’t feel the need of accomplish some requirements to be the friend of someone. I find it so unpleasant! You have to be yourself, and to live friendships as you really feel. In my opinion, every friendship is different and people have their own way to make it special.

In addition, that’s probably the reason why I don’t like the term “best” friends. What does to have a bestie means? Are you supposed to privilege them on your other friends? Do they mean more than the others do? Every one of my friends is important, they mean a lot to me. If they are truly friends, I can count on them. I don’t like to feel “attached” to a particular person… There are times when you understand yourself better with some people, and there are times that it happens with other. So you are constantly changing and growing, and sometimes you feel better with some particular friends, just because you find yourself there. All my friends are my “besties” for me.

Moreover, some people are special to me. And I’ll explain it: we all have some special people in our lives. They won’t necessary be your age. In fact, they can be many years older than you. I’m referring to those people you can’t know exactly why but you could spend hours and hours talking, that people that you understand so perfectly. Even if you try to deny it, there’s at least one person in your life that feels like this to you. I don’t know why, they just feel special to me.
Therefore, I can say that for me friendship is unique in each case, and it lets you share amazing emotions with people, and to have many good memories you’ll never forget. Life brings you amazing people who are worth meeting, who help you so much and show many important lessons. So please, don’t give up on people so quickly, because you can miss out on something great.

This is the way I see friendship. It is an emotion, so everyone feels it on their own way, and it’s pretty difficult to show others what it means to you. I just hope it never ends.


Maria Maroto Amigó

No comments:

Post a Comment